The CoronaVirus has meant we all had to endure some form of isolation but I’m heartened to see so many people taking up new hobbies: gardening, yoga & baking, not to mention local family walks and cycles. When we come out of this no doubt we’ll all see the world with fresh eyes and hopefully take more care of our planet and of others.
The pandemic has caused massive delays to our supply chain due to the factories being closed for 2 months. When they did re-open, it was with fewer staff as many were still in quarantine. The bikes we ordered before Christmas should have arrived in March, but are now due to arrive in late June. Allowing for customs checks and assembly, new orders made on the website will be dispatched in mid July. Here is an update on what’s happening at the moment:
- We have been pushing the factories as much as possible and investigated using different components (tires, handlebars etc), but in the end the goodwill we’ve generated with the factories meant it was better to stick to our normal parts.
- The bikes have now been completed at the factories, and we’re arranging for a cargo ship to bring them to Ireland. Once the ship is booked, we’ll have a more accurate ETA into Dublin.
- Shipping seems to be running smoothly and we’re hopeful that there should be no further delays.
- When the bikes arrive in Dublin they will be checked at Irish customs then delivered to our warehouse in Wicklow.
- We’ll then get to work building the bikes and will be taking on new staff to get the bikes assembled and dispatched as soon as possible. We will need to adhere to social distancing guidelines but will expand our assembly workspace, use our own tools, and will work in shifts to ensure distancing is maintained.
I understand many of these bikes are needed for birthdays, or even to make the most of the lovely summer weather, and rest assured we’re doing everything we can to get the bikes here as soon as possible. These are unusual times and we’ll do our best to keep you updated as much as possible to give you confidence in the progress of your order.
I’m truly grateful for your order and for your patience and understanding and thank you for your support!
Wishing you and family all the best,
Founder – LittleBig bikes
I’m in the USA, can you deliver?
Our delivery partners cannot currently ship to the USA due to Covid 19 restrictions however this only affects items in stock such as helmets and accessories. We believe that by the time the bikes arrive in June that USA shipping will have resumed.
Is it faster if I order a different colour?
The red, blue, green and pink bikes are all arriving in the same shipment so it won’t make any difference which colour you choose.
What about the Brushed Edition bikes?
The Brushed Edition bikes won’t be coming in this coming shipment. When we ordered before Christmas we had plenty of these in stock so didn’t order more, but then the delays from Covid 19 meant we ran out of these too and it was too late to amend our order.
Do you have any discount codes?
We don’t have any discount codes right now but if you Refer A Friend you both save €15.
If I pre-order, can I change or cancel my order?
Though the bikes have been completed at the factory, we understand the uncertainty around the delivery timeframe. If you pre-order a bike then later decide you cannot wait, just get in touch and we will issue a full refund. Credit/ debit card refunds may take up to 10 days to re-appear in your bank account.